A brand new app from Microsoft, Seeing AI: Speaking Digital camera for the Blind, is the use of synthetic intelligence to lend a hand blind and low-vision iPhone customers.
The app takes benefit of Apple’s VoiceOver generation and the iPhone digicam to relate what’s taking place.
Right here’s a rundown of what the app can do:
- Brief Textual content – Speaks textual content once apparently in entrance of the digicam.
- Paperwork – Supplies audio steering to seize a published web page, and acknowledges the textual content, along side its unique formatting.
- Merchandise – Scans barcodes, the use of audio beeps to lead you; pay attention the title, and package deal knowledge when to be had.
- Other folks – Saves other people’s faces so you’ll acknowledge them, and get an estimate in their age, gender, and feelings.
- Scenes (early preview) – Listen an total description of the scene captured.
- Photographs in different apps – Simply faucet “Proportion” and “Acknowledge with Seeing AI” to explain photographs from Mail, Footage, Twitter, and extra.
Designed for the iPhone, Seeing AI: Speaking Digital camera for the Blind can also be downloaded now at the App Retailer without cost.
The app is recently to be had in america, Canada, India, Hong Kong, New Zealand, and Singapore. Microsoft is promising further nations quickly. These days, the app is simply in English. You’ll be able to additionally head to the^( to peer extra movies about the way it works.