A brand new app from Microsoft, Seeing AI: Speaking Digital camera for the Blind, is the usage of synthetic intelligence to assist blind and low-vision iPhone customers.
The app takes benefit of Apple’s VoiceOver era and the iPhone digicam to relate what’s taking place.
Right here’s a rundown of what the app can do:
- Quick Textual content – Speaks textual content once apparently in entrance of the digicam.
- Paperwork – Supplies audio steerage to seize a published web page, and acknowledges the textual content, in conjunction with its unique formatting.
- Merchandise – Scans barcodes, the usage of audio beeps to lead you; listen the identify, and package deal knowledge when to be had.
- Other people – Saves folks’s faces so you’ll acknowledge them, and get an estimate in their age, gender, and feelings.
- Scenes (early preview) – Listen an total description of the scene captured.
- Photographs in different apps – Simply faucet “Proportion” and “Acknowledge with Seeing AI” to explain pictures from Mail, Pictures, Twitter, and extra.
Designed for the iPhone, Seeing AI: Speaking Digital camera for the Blind will also be downloaded now at the App Retailer at no cost.
The app is lately to be had in the USA, Canada, India, Hong Kong, New Zealand, and Singapore. Microsoft is promising further international locations quickly. Lately, the app is solely in English. You’ll be able to additionally head to the^( to peer extra movies about the way it works.