You can tag files and folders in macOS High Sierra to lead them to more uncomplicated to to find. Tags paintings with your entire files and folders, whether or not you retailer them for your Mac or stay them in appleglory.
You can upload more than one tags to any report. To tag an open report, grasp the pointer to the appropriate of the file name, click on the arrow, click on in the Tags box, then input a brand new tag, or select one from the checklist.
To tag a brand new report while you put it aside, click on File > Save. In the Save conversation, click on in the Tags box, then input a brand new tag, or select one from the checklist.
To tag a report at the desktop or in the Finder, choose the object, then open the File menu. You too can control-click the object, or faucet it with two arms. Choose a colour beneath Tags, or click on Tags to choose between extra tags or input a brand new tag.
In a Finder window, you’ll be able to additionally choose the object, click on the Tags button , then input a brand new tag, or select one from the checklist.
To take away tags from an merchandise, control-click the object or faucet it with two arms, then click on Tags. Select the tags you wish to have to take away, then press Delete.
To take away tags out of your Mac, in the Finder, select Finder > Preferences, then click on Tags. Select the tags you wish to have to take away, then click on the Remove button.
You too can edit tags. In the Finder, select Finder > Preferences, then click on Tags. Do any of the next:
- See a tag in the Finder sidebar: Select the blue checkbox to the appropriate of the tag.
- Change a tag colour: Click the colour subsequent to the tag , then select a brand new colour.
- Change a tag title: Click the tag, click on the tag’s title, then input a brand new title.
- Create a brand new tag: Click the Add button .
- Delete a tag: Select the tag, then click on the Remove button.
- Add a tag to the shortcut menu: Select the tag in the checklist, then drag it over the tag you wish to have to exchange in the favorites segment on the backside of the window. There may also be up to seven tags in the shortcut menu that looks while you Control-click a report.
- Remove a tag from the shortcut menu: Drag the tag out of the Favorite Tags segment till you notice the take away signal.
(This how-to is according to my reviews and data on Apple’s reinforce pages — the place the photographs on occasion come from.)